Just a quick check-in while my HUSBAND (!!!!!) is in the shower!
Everything was fantabulous yesterday. We are so, so happy and lucky and loved. It rained off and on, mostly sprinkles, but the sun peeked through the clouds for our first look and it actually gave us some beautiful light and wind for the photographer to work with. Everything was absolutely gorgeous—check out my peony/ranunculus/tulip bouquet:
I honestly don’t have any pictures yet, but as soon as the non-pro shots start rolling in I’ll post, and I’ll do full recaps later. Our fantastic photographer said she’d have teasers up on her blog later today and I can’t wait to see them.
A few highlights that stick out in my mind:
- Tim and I were so sure we were going to be crapping-our-pants nervous all week long. Tim even went out and bought Pepto Bismol just in case. But neither of us was nervous at all—I was a little jittery once I heard the music, and choked up walking down the aisle, but we were both totally happy the whole time. Neither of us full-on cried. It was so great to just be happy the entire day.
- Our ring bearer fell walking down the aisle. Our flower girl hauled him up by one hand, dropped her petals, and stopped to pick them all up before proceeding down the aisle. She had been promised an underwater Ariel if she made it down, and come hell or high water, she was getting that doll. (Ring bearer was bribed with M&Ms.)
- Our flower girl also gave us the cutest wedding card/gift ever.
Her allowance. How cute is that.
- After the ceremony, we got some gorgeous pictures outside the church, and went to Barnes & Noble and Johnny Rocket’s for some really fun pictures of the two of us. They gave us free milkshakes at Johnny Rocket’s and someone told our photographer I was the most beautiful bride he’d ever seen. I think we got some awesome shots sitting at the counter there! And it was really fun to just spend some time talking to Tim. Oh, and we almost got kicked out of B&N by a mean manager, even though we totally had permission and another very nice manager came to the rescue.
- My uncle, the DJ, was drunk and played The Electric Slide three non-consecutive times. We also led a very enthusiastic Locomotion train, and he also decided we needed a second first dance, so we danced to “Amazed” by Lonestar. He was generally hilarious. “This is a nice little song. Everyone here has to dance.”
- We had three excellent toasts.
- I smudged my manicure almost instantly. (It got fixed, though.) I loved my hair and makeup, too, and all the bridesmaids and my mom looked beautiful too.
- I got so many compliments on the details. People loved the little personal touches—the pets on the table numbers, the family wedding picture display, our photo card box, the out-of-town boxes.
- Our flip flop basket never got put out. It didn’t matter.
- Tim got me beautiful aquamarine and diamond earrings for my wedding gift, and I got him an iPhone! I think they were both well received.
- Doing a first look was probably my favorite part of the day. I would absolutely recommend it to any bride and groom—it was so much fun and we were just giddy.
We’re off to lunch with my mom and some other relatives. More pictures as I get them, I swear!