Sometimes, as a blogger, I don’t talk about things because I’m ashamed of them. So many bloggers appear to be absolutely perfect, and I would like to openly state that I AM NOT. So, guys, it’s time to come clean with some confessions.
- I drink diet soda–maybe 5 or 6 cans a week. I’ve stopped drinking it at lunch, but I usually have one with dinner every night. I drink plenty of water during the day. If this is my one little vice, I’m okay with that.
- I don’t use an incline on the treadmill when I run. I’m not running for speed, and I’ve never seen my pace drop significantly going from indoor to outdoor running anyway, unless I’m doing ridiculous hills. And my half and full marathons are almost completely flat, so I’m not concerned.
- I don’t eat enough vegetables. I try. But I just feel neutral about most of them (or actively dislike them), and I like eating things that I enjoy. In my defense, I eat a crap ton of fruit, even though I know it’s not the same.
- The phrase “clean eating” annoys the bejeezus out of me even though I think the concept is good. I think the word “clean” places a really unnecessary value judgment on foods that can be really unhealthy. If a slice of homemade apple pie, made with real butter, sugar, and apples is “dirty,” then hell, call me Christina Aguilera.
- I still don’t like hot oatmeal or pumpkin. I’m a bad blogger.
- I use Gu as running fuel because if I keep Clif Shot Blocks or Sport Beans in my gym bag in my office, I will munch on them because I find them delicious. I would have to be pretty hard up to shoot a Gu in the middle of a workday.
- I can’t bring myself to change the first 3 pre-sets on my car radio from Chicago stations to Kansas City stations. I haven’t lived in Chicago in four years.
- Sometimes I don’t feel like a “real” runner because I prefer the treadmill to the outdoors. There’s nowhere to put your water bottle outside, and no air conditioning/heating, and no television, and there are things that make me sneeze, roadkill, cars, and UV rays. I’ll race outside, but I just don’t get much of a thrill out of nature.
- I worry about my wedding dress decision pretty much every day, and curse myself for not buying something that hides the lower half of my body a little more.
- I eat something sweet every night. My latest favorites?
Ahh, that felt good. Now you come clean.
Confess your sins in the comments. Nobody’s perfect–embrace it!